11/27/2009

my days in Cordoba

My days here have been slow. I wanted them to be slow, but finally they dragged me in a melanchonic mood.
 Not even the joy of seeing Andrea could eliminate my nostalgia and this eery feelling that i would like to work and do rutin. Yes, my dear friends, one can be this weird! I was feeling it already befor the travel a little, not wanting to go, maybe it is not the right moment. It goes without saying that all my friends were considering i was going out of mind that i am not jumping of joy from the adventure of my life. Travelling is one of the greatest thing in life if you are in the moment.
Traveling is goood when you are searching somethings, yourself, anything, come away from routines. I miss my routines.  I miss my students, the children, the old ones, i miss Budapest (how much i miss it!!), i miss my family, i miss my love, i miss italy. I miss retouching my photoes every evening... Countless routines i miss. Even more is the missing feeling of wanting to work, to start another travel, that of finding your place and role in society. I was even thinking of coming back earlier! But i will hold on to my dream, and trave more, coz one is always for some reason iin one time in one point on this planet (and at least it is a warm point :) ). In Spain i stayed 10 month without a tear of nostalgia and now i have been suffering after 2 weeks - life is unpredictable.
However, this is a travel blog, so i will continue telling my stories from this conutry, with which i am more and more in love. You have to be in love with this country because all the people you meet give you presents: a smile, a laugh, a good conversation, a cup, a book, many songs on the guitar. The couple of the estancia keeps telling me i have to come back for honeymoon. A guy, Leo, from couchsurifng invited me to his village, in Villa Allende (it is like szentendre for cordoba). He has just come back from a tour around europe, and wants to give back al the nice things he lived. We went on a bike, met his friends and sang.



 

When you meet friends of friends here, they treat you like they had known you for long, having a guest is a present here. I sometimes have felt this in Sicily, this incredibe caring for the relationships between people. Or as Andrea put it: "they dont work too much, they dont study, but they always have time for you!"

This of not working and studying is not completely true though. For example it is realy common to work and study, but with working i mean full time! And then you go to your classes in the evening till 11. No wonder many students finish the university in 7 years, and many do not even finish it... And the conditions. Look at the universsity buildings, it looks more like some cutural center to make party:










It is full with graffity:


 

This one is  memory for the military dictatoship between 1976-83... 30 000 people disappeared after being tortured in the process which is also called the dirty war. Andrea´ s flatmate, Ciro showed us a movie about the tortures. It is a true story of an escape. It was very strong, although me as the daughter of an excommunist country should be more used to such topics. I find it really upsetting that in Europe we do not learn anything about the history of the other continents and if we do learn it, it is always in the eyes of the american-european media. Argentinians claim, Ciro said there is evidence, that the United States (being afraid of every ittle grain of communism) established most of the dictarors here in LA, and payed the systems of torturing. In my view, there should be more focus on these little details in history education. I do not like conspiracy theories, and Argentinians have made lot of the troube themselves (the economy is collapsing because during the military regime they sold ALL the during peron´s time protected strategic companies to foreign investors - so there is literally no profit staying in the country - the perfect receipt to destroy a country in ess then 10 years) - but it could be nice if the medias would reveal more details about this regimes.

Something more about history. The falkland island are called here islas malvinas. Ciro told me the governement attacked it just to find an enemy, and of course also for the strategic things
The triangle is Argentina, so you can imagien the rest :) Anyway, there is a lot of petrol and  other nice stuff on the northern part of the south pole, and the owner of the islands, owns that part of the pole. So easy. And Argentina supposedly lost in great part because of the Chilenian governement secretly collaborating with the UK  - ecco the reason of the hate between the two nations. But is it just impossibe for neighbours to like each other?

The lines are terribly long here in the shops, and the reason is easy: they work slowy :) And you need the ID or passport for everything. Yesterday i paid with the card, and they wanted my document. I told i didnt have it with me but i invented the number. There are also letters in it, but since the cashmashine doesnt have ones and usually argentine IDs have only numbers, the women just marked 00...
Interesting brands here, where we shop: DISCO




I didnt know what to think of this shop

If you ask fro a coffe you can get in in chico or grande :)

A poster saying Kirschners in town like some kind of rock band playing


The poor people from the villas coming for the garbage with horses


It is raining like hell:
Some more photoes:
 


Today is the farewell party of Andrea. In argentinian time, the party will start around 12-2, and as earliest finish at 7in the morniing.

No comments:

Post a Comment